Monday, February 09, 2009


I've always been interested in the unknown. A mysterious picture leaves more to the imagination than something concrete. That is something that always puzzled me about photography until recently, how to control the viewers imagination. Too many pictures are reality based. Illustrators and painters have it good, they can create anything they see in their mind, however real or fantasy based it may be. Photographers have to find ways to trick the viewers into believing what they are seeing is straight from my mind. The photo shoot happens in reality, but as a photographer my goal is to make them forget that.
Previously, I have used light as the element to create the atmosphere of the unknown. The series builds up through the repetition of images, an anonymous body moving toward the one source of light. I'm using a brief moment in time to convey an important change or realization in the man's life. Though he is only walking forward, he has accepted whatever is to happen to him after this event.

No comments:

Followers