Monday, March 16, 2009


Photobucket

Another aspect of photography that has always bored me is the static nature of the photo itself. There are ways around this, such as dragging the shutter to capture movement, but there are only so many times you can see pictures like these before you get bored. With the transitions project, I'd like to break the notion that photos are only stills of life. By putting two images together and flashing them back and forth, it suddenly takes on a 3rd dimension. It adds a different kind of depth you can't see in only one photo. I've always wanted to stay away from the single photo. The marriage of digital technology and photography opens doors for new kinds of experimentation. With this process, I want to give a live action element to the photo. It's a still photo, but it's constantly in flux so it's like a .2 second time frame is repeated over and over. This is another example of how such a brief moment of time can be made into a beautiful capture.

3 comments:

Akusy.1 said...

Miharu, There is something about your work that I just like. It might be the edginess of it; it might be the experimentation aspect of it. Either way it’s pretty stinkin’ sweet. Overall this has a nice feel to it, the choice in using a filter works well. I didn’t like your previous post as much when they were “natural” settings. As I’m looking as this it does make me a little dizzy, but that adds to the feeling of the piece. It reminds me of a modern day stereoscopy, which ties into your whole idea of pushing the digital world. Very well done.

Katie said...

I think you've got an interesting idea in the works, but I would REALLY like to see this made longer with more frames. I personally like the image without the filter effect better, because I think you can see better the effect of creating a three-dimensional space.

brian sharrock said...

i would really like to see both of these projected side by side real large on a wall or something. it could really be a perception bending piece. i also agree that the find lines effect weakens the image. the original one looked much stronger.

Followers